Destin Sunshine Vacation Rental Policies
In order to receive your full damage deposit our homes must be left in the order in which they are found when you arrived.
- Pool is to be used by registered guests only
- No glass in pool area
- There are no pool hours, however please be considerate of our neighbors
- Rinse off sand using our outdoor showers before you enter the pool and when returning from the beach
- Music volume must be kept at a reasonable level
- No smoking
- No pets
- No parking on street
- A fee equal to 25% of the total rent will be charged in case of cancellation or date transfer of your reservation if your reservation is at least 47 days in the future.
- If you cancel your reservation within 47 days of your check-in date, all monies sent will be forfeited. Written notice of cancellation must be sent via email and/or USPS and MUST BE POSTMARKED at least 47 days prior to stay.
- Early departure does not warrant a refund of any kind. This includes all other “personal emergencies,” “natural occurrences,” or “Acts of God” that might interrupt your vacation plans.
- If you have not checked in by 9 a.m. of your second contracted day (without prior notice) home may be re-rented and loss of all monies sent will result.
- Check-out time is 9am or earlier. If any member of your group remains in our home past 9am you will be charged for an extra day and your damage deposit refund will be debited accordingly.
Departure Policies and Procedures
- Check out is 9am.
- If home is left in acceptable condition your refundable damage deposit will be mailed back to you within 7 days of your check out date.
- Leave all keys on kitchen counter.
- Please text (or call) 850-830-1480 to let us know you left.
- Complete all cleaning activities to ensure our home is left in the same condition as when you arrived:
- Sweep excess sand from tile floors
- Rinse tubs and shower free of excess sand
- All dishes must be cleaned, removed from dishwasher, and put away
- Wipe kitchen and bathroom counters clean
- Bag all trash and place it in the outdoor trash bins
- Scrape outdoor gas grill
- Rearrange all furniture back to original placement
- Bring dirty linens downstairs:
-Leave sheets, pillow cases, bath mats, and towels in piles next to the washing machine downstairs
-Leave comforters on the beds. These are dry clean only and need to be kept separate.
- We understand that accidents happen. If something gets broken during your stay please call and let us know immediately so we have ample time to fix it before our next guests arrive.
- If property is for sale, the renter must cooperate with owner and/or realtor to arrange for convenient time(s) to show it.
- By Florida law we as the owners are allowed to enter our homes at any time if we suspect any activity that might be a breach of these guidelines or any rental agreement policies.
- If your group fails to take excellent care of our homes we will apply the funds collected from your damage deposit to cover any repairs, extra cleaning needed, or replacement of missing items. In such cases we will return to you only the remaining balance of your damage deposit. In such cases all charges will be itemized and communicated to you.
Sample Rental Agreement
Click here to view a blank version of the rental agreement we’ll issue to you after you’ve submitted your deposit for our home.
Under 25 Addendum
If all the individuals in your group are 25 years of age or younger, click here to view the additional requirements of your rental agreement. All members of your group will be required to attend check in, as well as to sign that they’re willing to abide by all terms outlined in the Under 25 Addendum. Signatures are due from all group members when submitting your first payment in order to ensure that every young adult in your group is willing to comply.